Thursday 15 March 2012

FILMING DAY 1

The first day of filming was a couple of hours in the city centre of Hull. This filming session was just me and Chelsea, the lead, filming the Barber Shop section. It had snowed so I took advantage of this and went and filmed in the thick snow, moving the day of filming earlier than planned. I got Chelsea ready at her house including hair and make-up then touched up on shoot checking everything was ready. Before we set off I went through what I wanted her to do at certain points in the music, including basic choreography and elements of lyric synchronisation, such as the flick of the hood on the lyric "I'm so hood with this." I then explained again when we where on set. We filmed the section over and over from a range of angles and then the chorus so I could later edit this into the main group of girls performing the chorus.


Whilst on set the urban streets and decaying broken structures caught my eye so we shot some crab shots around the area. I also cam across some bars outlined with a red arch which looked amazing and the red fitted with the red black and white colour scheme, from the barber section. I asked the lead to dangle from the bars and she happily complied. I could use this for the introduction.


I also shot some other various shots on the way back to my car. Overall a very productive day of filming and I am extremely pleased with the footage.

Hand drawn draft of hair
(one of my sketches for my planning)

No comments:

Post a Comment