Thursday 29 March 2012

MY RECORD LABEL



These are examples of some existing record labels. As you can see they are all in black and white. Some labels incorporate the use of an image or stencil. The name appears in the bottom part of the logo. In the third example the writing of the "records" is in a smaller and contrasting font framing the design above it. All the designs create a geometric shape making them easy to place in the corner or centre of a digipak/CD.


RESEARCH



I created the name HEX RECORDS as the meaning of HEX is to bring bad luck or put a curse on someone. With the hidden Satanic symbols in the video and the meaning, which is girls being powerful and taking over I thought this track would match well with the name of this record label.

I checked on line to see if the name was available and then searched for fonts on line. I tried out a few different designs in the left hand column. I tried to stay conventional from the research I previously found using black and white and creating a geometrical overall shape. The fonts I chose reflect that of the meaning incorporating signifiers in the font.


FINAL RECORD LABEL DESIGN




No comments:

Post a Comment