Friday 16 March 2012

HEALTH & SAFETY

HERE ARE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES I WAS FACED WITH WHEN SHOOTING THE VIDEO.

1. In the introduction I shot one of the dancers on the ladder of a lorry. To ensure the safety of the performer she wore fingerless gloves for expra grip on the ladders. I also made sure the lorry was parked and that the engine was off. I shot it on a dry day so that the bars weren't slippery. I dressed her in milatary boots which had a rubber sole with a good grip. I laid a foam mat on the floor incase she fell which I made sure was kept out of view when filming.

2. This is similar to when I had the lead hanging by her hands on some railing in an arch way. This time no crash mat was used as he was only off the floor by approximately 2 foot.

3. When I filmed the Barber section snow had laid and so we cleared the path to prevent her from slipping as she was performing intricate choreography. She was also wearing strong grip boots to keep her griped to the floor.
  • When filming this section the Barber shop was next to a busy main road. I set up my tripod and camera in a bus stop and as it was a Sunday no busses would be coming down that route. This gave me the freedom to frame the shot Long and still maintain safety.

4. The location of the tunnel provided many hazzards. The path that ran through was divided into a padestrian path and cyclist path. We were filming over both paths. I printed out a warning poster to passing padestrians/cyclists to ensure the safety of the performers. And also damage to equipment.

5. When the girls dressed as boys run towards the lead to 'attack' her two of them were holding glass bottles. I made the girls wear gloves incase the bottles smashed and it would provide a an extra layer of protection to their hands.

6.When filming in the bath I made sure the temperature wasn't too high to cause any minor burns the performer. I also made sure the water level was high enough to cover the face but lower enough to keep her breathing oriphisis out of water. When filming her when she plunges underwater I had my friend on standby incase anything happened. I also couldnt use electric lights in this section due to the water.

7. The lighting in the green screen provided a high temperature so I made sure the room was properly ventilated and the door was open. I also made the wires go around the edges of the room for the lights on tripods to prevent any trips or falls. These could result into real damage especial when the lights are hot.

8. In the theatre the lights also provided a hot atmosphere so I kept the fire exit held open to ventilate the room. I also encouraged the girls to regularly hydrate providing water for them. I made sure they stayed a safe distance forward form the lights on tripods that backlight them so that they didn't knock them or hurt themselves.


WE ALWAYS HAD ACCESS TO A FIRST AID BOX. ON THE COACH. AT HOME AND MY DAD'S AND IN COLLEGE. WE ALSO HAD ACCESS TO A FIRST AIDER IN COLLEGE IF ANY DANCERS INJURED THEMSELVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment