Thursday 15 March 2012

MAKING OF FAKE NAILS




In the persuasion section of my video I want the model to have really long black nails. These can be very expensive and they are hard to come by. To get past this I created my own.
  1. I drew onto card with pencil the shape of a nail for each finger on one hand.
  2. I then cut them out and measured them up against my fingers.
  3. When I was happy with them i used the cut out nails as a stencil and copied them so i had two sets.
  4. I then painted both sides of all 10 nails with thick black nail varnish. This helped stiffen the card creating the thickness of actual nails.
  5. When I filmed the section I shaped the nails around the finger of the model scoring down the centre to make them 3D.
  6. I used eyelash glue to stick them to the model's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment